Community InformationTravis County, TX
- Travis County Sheriff Office We are reaching out to the entire community to become a part of preventing crime and keeping the community safe
- Austin State Hospital
- Heart Hospital of Austin Heart Hospital of Austin is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- North Austin Medical Centre North Austin Medical Center proudly serves Austin and surrounding communities with an open medical staff with more than 950 physicians in a variety of specialties
- St. David Health Care Partnership St. David's HealthCare provides quality, compassionate care through four comprehensive acute-care hospitals in Austin--St. David's Medical Center, North Austin Medical Center, South Austin Hospital, and Round Rock Medical Center as well as outpatient surgery centers, a rehabilitation center, a psychiatric facility and occupational health services
- The SETON Healthcare Network The SETON Healthcare Network is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas. SETON is a not-for-profit organization.
- South Austin Hospital South Austin Hospital is a 200-bed acute care hospital dedicated to serving Austin and surrounding communities with advanced medical technology and a warm, personal approach to healthcare.
- Surgicare of South Austin Surgicare of South Austin is a freestanding ambulatory surgery center offering a broad range of outpatient surgical procedures, giving the patient a high quality alternative to inpatient hopitalization.
- Austin Parks and Recreation Department Austin Parks and Recreation Department has something for everyone!
- Austin Zoo Austin Zoo is a rescue zoo and provides sanctuary to displaced animals from a variety of unfortunate and often neglectful situations.
- Bright Leaf State Natural Area Bright Leaf State Natural Area is comprised of 217.27 acres donated to the State in 1995 by Georgia Lucas and is located in Central Austin and Travis County.
- Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge When Spanish explorers first saw the terraced hills northwest of what is now Austin, Texas, they named the land Balcones. These limestone hills and spring fed canyons make up most of the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge
- Barton Creek Greenbelt This popular Greenbelt park features 809 acres of sylvan streamside, lush riparian woodlands, limestone cliffs, splashing waterfalls, and perfect swimming holes along 7.9 miles of beautiful Barton Creek. Mountain bicyclists, hikers, runners, and rock climbers fill this immensely popular park on afternoons and weekends, yet strolling and birdwatching solitude is still possible on damp weekday mornings
- Blunn Creek Nature Preserve Its 40 acres of streamside habitat, hackberry-elm woods, old persimmon trees, and mature oaks are good birdwatching habitat for wintering songbirds, on soils overlaying a 70-million-year-old Cretaceous coral reef and ancient volcanic ash deposits
- Mount Bonnell Park Mount Bonnell provides an excellent introduction to the topography and terrain of Austin and the lakes region, and is a renowned picnic spot and romantic stroll.
- Parks and Recreation Departments
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Capital Metro We envision a multimodal transportation system which provides ease of mobility throughout the Austin Metropolitan area and which contributes to clean air and water, a sense of community, preservation and enhancement of all our neighborhood/business and activity centers, and which promotes healthy economic development.
- The Capital Area Rural Transportation System CARTS delivers transportation tailored specifically for each of the one-hundred and twenty-three communities it serves. Service frequency in the various locales ranges from several times a day to once a month. Four inter-modal transit facilities combine a variety of transportation options including fixed route, commuter vans, inter-city, inter-stat motor coach passenger freight service, carpool, taxi and intra-county, inter-city and local paratransit services.
- Austin Citizens for Personal Rapid Transit Austin Citizens for Personal Rapid Transit (ACPRT) is dedicated to promoting the design, installation, and operation of a Personal Rapid Transit system in the city of Austin, Texas and the surrounding area.
- Austin - San Antonio Commuter Rail Feasibility Study
- The Capital Area Transportation Coalition The Capital Area Transportation Coalition (CATC) is an organization of business and community leaders who seek to identify and implement mobility solutions for Austin and the Central Texas region.
- Austin Public Library
- Wells Branch Community Library
- Westbank Community Library
- Cedar Park Library The Library is a community library that encourages literacy and promotes lifetime reading and learning. The Library provides educational, informational and recreational resources to a diverse population in a safe environment, giving individuals, families and businesses an opportunity to expand their knowledge and enhance their quality of life.
- Austin Ice Bats The RollerBats return!
- Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo
- Austin Liryc Opera
- Performing Art Centre Since 1981, the University of Texas at Austin Performing Arts Center has played host to the greatest performing artists in theater, music and dance to the thrill and delight of millions in Central Texas.
- Paramount theatre & State Theatre Company
- Ballet Austin Under the artistic leadership of Mr. Mills, Ballet Austin has emerged as one of the nation's premiere developing ballet organizations. In his inaugural season as artistic director he attracted attention from around the United States with his world-premiere production of Hamlet, hailed in Dance Magazine as "sleek and sophisticated."
- Austin History Centre As the local history collection of the Austin Public Library, the Austin History Center provides the public with information about the history, current events, and activities of Austin and Travis County.
- George Washington Carver Museum & Cultural Center The George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural center has the distinction of being the first African American neighborhood museum in the state of Texas.
- Julia Butridge Gallery
- Johns Community Hospital Johns Community Hospital is a 58-bed general, acute-care hospital with 24-hour Emergency Room service. Radiology, Laboratory, Surgery, and Intensive/Cardiac Care Services are also ready to serve you around the clock.
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area Enchanted Rock State Natural Area consists of 1643.5 acres on Big Sandy Creek, north of Fredericksburg, on the border between Gillespie and Llano Counties. It was acquired by warranty deed in 1978 by the Nature Conservancy of Texas, Inc., from the Moss family.
- Hill Country State Natural Area Hill Country State Natural Area is located in Bandera and Medina Counties, 45 miles northwest of San Antonio. The 5369.8-acre site was acquired by gift and purchase in 1976 and was opened to the public in 1984.
- South Llano River State Park
- Georgetown Public Library
- Taylor Public Library The Taylor Public Library Public Access Computers are now available for use at the Old Taylor Middle School from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Use the east entrance at 8th and Fowzer Street and go to room 4 for the public access computers. Library Books are now available at Taylor City Hall, 400 Porter Street.
- Taylor Rodeo Association
- Georgetown Soccer Association
- The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- The Wildflower Center Welcome to the wonderful world of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center! The Wildflower Center is a botanical garden in Austin, Texas, dedicated to native plants. Our vision for the future is to preserve and restore the natural beauty and biological richness of North America by inspiring people to love the land.
- Vanishing Texas River Cruise Vanishing Texas River Cruise attracts visitors from around the world and is the premier ecological tour of Texas. The TEXAS EAGLE II is a 70 foot, 200 passenger vessel that has an enclosed all weather deck plus two observation decks allowing for year round tours. The tour begins and ends at the new docking facility designed especially for her at the Canyon of the Eagles Park Store.
House & Home Realty
1601 E. Cesar Chavez Suite 103, Austin, TX 78702
House & Home Realty